Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cheese. .a lot like love

People often ask me "Why Cheese"?  For me it was a natural progression, I've spent most of my adult life in food service. From culinary school to fine dining service I've done it all. I love people and I love cheese. Everything about cheese is a labour of love. From the care of the animals to the hands of the cheesemakers it is an unparalleled creative industry that never stops growing.

So with Valentine's Day upon us I can think of nothing that says romance like cheese.  Thats why I had to have my monthly tasting then. So theres no cheese I don't find sexy but here's two offerings that definitely deliver.

Delice de Bourgogne. This french, triple cream is sin itself. Cows milk with a m ushroomy rind and a rich, buttery flavor.

Pont l' Eveque. Also from France this cows milk is savory and rich like love should be. Creamy and grassy with fruity undertones and a washed rind that delivers a full bodied delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment